When you need a way to increase your home’s property value, boost curb appeal, and save energy, replacement windows are a no-brainer option.
New window installation is one of the best ways to improve your home in Hudson,
New Hampshire—but there are several key considerations to keep in mind before you sign on the dotted line.
Here is what you need to know about upgrading with new replacement windows:
- The first step is to ensure that you’re doing business with a reputable window company.
Unfortunately, there are fly-by-night window companies in Hudson that may take your money and run.
These are also known as storm chasers, and you’ll want to be aware of suspicious door-to-door salesmen.
This isn’t to say that all canvassers are untrustworthy, but you shouldn’t be cornered into ordering new windows on your very first introduction.
- You can easily find credible window companies by searching for reviews online, looking around on social media, and asking friends and family for referrals.
This will help you be sure that you are working with a company that is trusted in the community.
- The next step is to consider the quality of replacement windows from your window company.
While quality can be difficult to see with the naked eye, the window’s price can point to clues.
Generally, bottom dollar windows aren’t very high quality.
They are expected to last around 5-7 years, and simply won’t stand the test of time.
- High quality home windows will last homeowners 15 years or longer, and provide around 70% return on investment.
This is a considerably high and it’s not too far behind roofing upgrades and even steel entry doors.
- UniShield® windows from Universal Windows Direct are some of the highest quality exterior products in the community.
These windows are equipped with energy saving gasses argon and krypton, low-e glazing, and dual or triple pane technology.
Homeowners can expect to save around $465 if they upgrade from single pane windows to UniShield®.
Universal Windows Direct engineers our replacement windows with the highest quality materials on the market.
Contact us today to get the best value.