According to Energy Star, new replacement windows in Hooksett, New Hampshire can save you a significant amount of money each year on your energy bills. However, it’s important to understand that not all replacement windows are created equal in terms of energy efficiency and quality.
In order to maximize your energy savings with replacement windows in Hooksett, you’ll need to be aware of the energy efficient options available to you. This is a brief overview of those energy efficient options, which are all available from Universal Windows Direct.
- Double pane windows are an energy efficient option for your home, especially when you’re upgrading from single pane windows. In fact, switching from single pane to double pane is will have a dramatic impact on your home's thermal efficiency.
- Replacement windows with three panes add an extra layer for efficiency as well as the ability to block outdoor noise. Universal Windows Direct’s UniShield® Premium and Supreme options offer three panes of glass for homeowners looking to maximize their energy saving options.
- Low-emissivity (low-e) glass is efficient at blocking UV rays, but allows 95% of natural light to pass through. The purpose of low-e coatings is to keep heat inside the house in the winter and outside in the summer.
- When you’re shopping around for replacement windows in Hooksett, you’ll probably discover the industry term R-Value. A window’s R-Value measures its resistance to heat flow. When it comes to R-Value, you want the highest number possible—the higher the number, the more efficient the window will be.
- The quality of your new replacement windows also plays a role in its energy efficiency. Low quality windows will eventually leak air and allow drafts into your home, causing your energy bills to rise.
- The installation of your window is also very important for energy savings. If installed improperly, the new window will instantly lose most of its energy saving benefits.
Learn More About Energy Efficient Windows from Universal Windows Direct
Get the most for your money with energy efficient windows from Universal Windows Direct. Our premium windows save homeowners more energy and help keep dollars in your bank account. Contact us today for your free quote at 844-949-4636.